FREEE adds new fibre-focused gluten free cereals to breakfast range

10 May, 21

Leading gluten free food brand FREEE, is launching two new gluten free breakfast cereals this month, both of which offer a source of fibre. Fruit & Fibre Flakes is the only organic and gluten free fruit and fibre cereal in the UK and Supergrain Hoops are made with supergrains like buckwheat, oat, teff and quinoa.

High in fibre and containing crunchy toasted breakfast flakes mixed with coconut, banana, sultanas and apple, FREEE Fruit & Fibre (375g RRP: £3.99) is certified organic and vegan and made without nuts, or any other of the top 14 allergens. It is the first organic and gluten free fruit and fibre cereal to launch in the UK.

FREEE Supergrain Hoops (300g RRP: £2.99) is made with supergrains such as buckwheat, oat, teff and quinoa, lightly coated in organic syrup and toasted. The cereal is a source of fibre, certified organic and vegan and made without nuts or soya.

Both products were highly rated in pre-launch quantitative market research and will be available in major supermarkets soon.

The gluten free market is buoyant and according to Kantar, the take home market for products making gluten free claims is worth more than £2.32bn, with growth hitting 20.7% during last year (vs. 14.1% for the total grocery market). FREEE is well placed to attract new shoppers into the category via NPD and help to drive value growth. The £11.6 million brand is growing by 34.8% and is now shopped by more than 1.5 million households every year. With most consumers eating just 18g of fibre a day, compared to the recommended 30g, the new launches also tap into the growing interest surrounding this nutrient.

Clare Marriage, FREEE Founder comments: “Interest in healthy breakfast options has risen over the past year, as consumers have become increasingly interested in the impact food can have on overall wellbeing. Our new cereals offer people a convenient and tasty way to increase their fibre intake and are also gluten free, organic and vegan, so we expect the launches to entice new health and environmentally conscious consumers into the market.”

The Fruit & Fibre Flakes and Supergrain Hoops are the latest addition to FREEE’s breakfast range which also includes Fibre Flakes, Cereal Flakes, Chocolate Stars, Corn Flakes and Porridge Oats.

Related posts


Latest posts

22 May, 24
Days Brewing, a leading alcohol-free beer brand, and eCommerce fulfilment provider Huboo are celebrating one year of partnership, which has driven a remarkable 112% growth in sales.